Since I started the camelids blog last year I’ve been amazed by the sheer number of fascinating blogs and bloggers across the globe, and also by the sense of community that exists. That said, it was a total surprise to get a nomination for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award from a fellow blogger.
Thank you to the wonderful Petrl for nominating camelids. Please check out her blog Dear Kitty. Some Blog where you’ll find a wealth of information ranging from birdlife to social justice issues.
The rules for accepting the Award
1. Display the award logo.
2. Thank the person that nominated you and link back to them in your post.
3. State 7 interesting things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
Seven interesting (I use the term loosely) things about myself
1. I’ve been living in Bolivia for the past nine months in the beautiful city of Sucre and I started to blog to record this adventure.
2. I’ve climbed several Bolivian mountains including two over 6000m in altitude, reaching just over 6300m on Vulcan Parinacota.
3. According to the map on Tripadvisor I’ve been lucky enough to visit 54 countries around the world.
4. Other than Bolivia, the countries I’d most like to live in include Spain, Mozambique, Nepal and Colombia.
5. I grew up in Cumbria, northern England, and the Lake District National Park is still my favourite place to spend time – despite the rain.
6. I once ran a marathon in 2 hours 50 minutes.
7. After nine months in a land-locked country I’m desperate to have fresh seafood, especially sushi.
Bloggers I’d like to nominate for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award
There are literally dozens of great blogs out there that I enjoy reading, but here goes with my 15 blogger nominations, most of which are related to photography and travel.
Please take some time to browse and read some or all of these blogs, they all have good advice and something interesting to say.